Industry Visit to Cooma Universities Centre
Some of the Jindabyne class recently visited the Cooma Universities Centre to explore further study options for anyone wishing to continue studies after achieving their diploma.
The Cooma Universities Centre was opened on March 6, 2013 as a joint initiative of Snowy Hydro and Cooma Monaro Shire Council. In 2014 the centre became an incorporated, not for profit organisation and was handed over to a community governed Board of Directors. The objectives of the centre are to:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the delivery of university education in the Cooma region.
- Facilitate and promote education and career pathways between schools, vocational education and training providers, universities and industry.
- Coordinate and support research and partnerships, especially those which assist in the sustainable development of the region.
- Advocate in the best interests of regional students.
- Promote and assist lifelong learning and raise community aspirations.
- Collect public donations to support the Association’s offerings and learning experiences of students.
Pictured left to right: Tom Liolios, Zoe Dawson, Lauren Horton, Jayme Small.